LINE is not just about making calls and sending messages for FREE. Yes, the nature of the app is centered towards connecting people but LINE adds bits of fun and playful elements to the mix.
“LINE reshapes communication around the globe, bringing you closer to your family, friends, and loved ones—for free. With voice and video calls, messages, and a limitless variety of exciting stickers, you’ll be able to express yourself in ways that you’ve never thought possible.” – from the LINE app description
Fun LINE Features
Free Calls and Messages with LINE Friends
Once you’ve downloaded the LINE app, you can instant message your friends, video call or just call anytime, any place. As long as you’re connected to the internet, you can connect with your friends who also have LINE.
- LINE’s instant messages become extra special because of stickers that allow a user to be more expressive with messages.
- The app has a full-featured social networking service that allows users to post daily activities on their timelines and comment on friends’ posts.
- Group chat allows multiple users to communicate with each other via chat all in the same chat window.
PC Version of LINE
The LINE app has a PC version that can connect with friends who have the app in their PC or smartphones.
LINE Official Accounts
These are LINE accounts of your favorite celebrities and companies. By friending them, you can get the latest updates and news on what’s currently happening.
Users can keep messages, photos, and videos in Keep and share them easily with LINE friends. To find out more about Keep, click here.
How to Use LINE on your Phone
1. Download the app on your phone through the App Store or Play Store.
2. Sign up. LINE will detect your country. Just enter your phone number and press “Verify Phone Number”. Click OK to send the verification code via SMS. Enter the 4-digit code or resend it if it is taking too long. Click “Next” when done.
3. Set up your profile by adding in a photo, entering a username or nickname. Click on “Register”. Enter your email address, make up a password and reconfirm it. You can also choose to do this later by pressing on the “Later” button.
4. Once you’re done setting up, you will be directed to the main screen where you will automatically see people on your contact list who aso have the LINE app. One of LINE’s official account will have sent you a message welcoming you to the account.
5. Contacts icon – this section of the app contains all the contacts you have. Sending messages, making audio and video calls is as easy as tapping on the names of the contacts and pressing the specific buttons. You can also favorite a contact through here by pressing on the star icon right underneath their name. You can also access their timeline this way by pressing on the house icon that’s beside the star.
6. Chat icon – contains all of the chat messages you have on LINE.
7. Clock icon – this is your timeline. You can write status updates as well as post photos and stickers to share to your friends on LINE.
8. Three dots icon – this is the last icon you will see on the main screen of LINE. This is your control center where you can:
- Add friends
- Make calls
- Adjust settings
- Download themes via the Theme Shop
- Acess LINE accounts
- Play LINE games
- And more…
Making New Friends and Connecting with Old Ones
You can let your friends know that you are on LINE. Encourage them to get the app if they haven’t already and stay connected 24-7. Catch up with just a simple press on the screen and stay updated with each others’ lives.
Don’t forget to make new friends once you’ve got the hang of using LINE. You can do this by playing LINE games and meeting people who play the same game. You can also search for LINE forums (there are loads online) and just add people through there. There are a hundred and one ways to meet new friends through LINE.
Try the app today and let’s see how many friends will LINE-up.