If you haven’t heard of KakaoTalk yet, it’s time for you to open up Google and then search for it. It’s a new phone app for your android and smart phones and works very much like Yahoo Messenger or Skype. You can send free text messages and make free calls as long as you’re connected to the internet.
It’s also possible to exchange pictures, use cute stickers, leave short voice messages and etc. This wonderful app was created by a Korean company called Kakao Corp. You can probably tell off the bat that it’s been made by an Asian company because of the winsomeness of the application interface.
Now, why would you need to download something like this? Applications like this are all the rage in Asia so if you want to meet new Asian friends online, this would be the way to go. But how exactly do you do that? We will show you how.
Before you can actually meet new Asian friends on KakaoTalk, what you need to do is download the application first and then study the features. Remember that most Asians are very tech savvy so you wouldn’t want to sound like a noob when you tell your new friend that you don’t know where the call button is.
Download it and try out simple functions like texting or calling a friend (or maybe your next door neighbor), setting up your profile (that includes choosing a flattering picture), and etc.
Chatting up a Storm
Once you have your profile all set up, you are now ready to find someone to KakaoTalk with. The easiest way to do that would be to search for a Facebook Page of people that like KakaoTalk or you could download an app that matches KakaoTalk IDs (a good example would be KakaoMatch).
Finding a KakaoTalk Related Facebook Page
If you go to the search bar at the very top of your Facebook page and type KakaoTalk, you will have maybe more than 10 results of open groups that you can join in. When you’re in the group, interact a little and you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to get someone’s KakaoTalk ID. They might even have a group chatroom that you can hang out in.
This is a FREE app that you can download. The good news is, this application is not that complicated. If you use twitter a lot, then you’ll be alright. It’s somewhat the same as twitter but everybody’s statutes (same as tweets), are shown to everyone that’s online.
When you see someone you like, what you can do is go to their KakaoMatch profile and then you’ll be able to see their KakaoTalk ID there. Add them and say Hi.
Now that you know how easy it is to use KakaoTalk to meet new Asian friends, we would like to remind you that safety is always first. In the world of online chatting (or dating), you can never be too sure so it’s best to practice the following:
1. Do not give out too much information. As much as possible, it would be a good idea NOT to share your Facebook profile (where everything about your life and your family and your dogs and etc, is documented).
2. Use a nickname. Yes, that’s right. It would be unwise for you to give out your real name. Why? Because if you do, the other person could just Google you up and then, PRESTO! He has accessed a whole bunch of information about you. So, if you’re name is Shelly, you can shorten it to Ellie, for example.
3. Know when NOT to entertain someone. There will always be bad apples out there (you know what we’re talking about) so it’s very important to go with your gut and know when to bail out of a conversation with someone who you do not feel comfortable with.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Finding [and Dating] Asian Girls on Facebook
- Japanese Emoticons: The Essential List
- How to Know if an Asian Girl Is In Love With You
- How to Court an Asian Lady: 3 Essential Tips You Must Know
- Asian Dating Essentials: Understanding Respect and Honor